Monday, February 14, 2011

The Shelter of God's Promises - BOOK REVIEW

Although I am aware of the promises God has given us, it is nice to renew those.  Sheila Walsh's book 'The Shelter of God's Promises' was a book that I did not want to put down.  This book brought back more confidence, joy and continued hope of God's promises to me (us).  She writes about personal testimony and backing it up with scipture to help understand more.  Although we know the Bible and read it, having it relate in a different way makes you stop and relate.  Just like Jesus did by putting the understanding into parables.  Reading this book was spelled out clearly to understand the ten promises Sheila points out in the book.  I have to admit, she chose the best promises for the NOW that we are living in.  I felt such comfort reading this book and the renewed feeling that God watches out for me; not that I did not think He did, but we all need to be renewed to get our heart pumping again.  This would be a great book for small Bible study groups as the chapters are sectioned off to provide more group discussions.  For myself, I enjoyed the chapters sectioned off as it made me stop a bit and relate it somewhere in my life to grow more.  At the end of the book, includes a free in-depth Bible study.  I highly recommend reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment