Monday, February 14, 2011

Jeremiah 31:33-34 - This is the Good News!

"'But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,' says the LORD. 'I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, "You should know the LORD." For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,' says the LORD. 'And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.'"
 
These are the characteristics of the new covenant, which Jesus put into effect by his death and resurrection: God's law is now in our hearts and minds (through the indwelling Holy Spirit). He is our God, and we are his special, chosen people, individually and collectively. We know God, and God forgives every sin we have ever committed or will ever commit. This is the Good News!

No comments:

Post a Comment