Sunday, February 13, 2011

Psalm 7:3-5, 7-8 - Make sure your conscience is clear

"O LORD my God, if I have done wrong
   or am guilty of injustice,
   if I have betrayed a friend
   or plundered my enemy without cause,
then let my enemies capture me.
   Let them trample me into the ground
   and drag my honor in the dust.…
Rule over them from on high.
   The LORD judges the nations.
Declare me righteous, O LORD,
   for I am innocent, O Most High!"
 
David has a clear conscience; so he prays confidently to God. If you feel doubt whether God will help you, some of that may be rooted in unconfessed sin. On some level, we know that God does not answer us if there is sin we've not dealt with. This is different from trying to win God's favor by "being good enough." This is recognizing that nothing must come between us and God; we must keep a clear path of communication. Today, make sure your conscience is clear. Confess any known sin. Then, be confident that God will come to your aid.

No comments:

Post a Comment