Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jeremiah 31:1-2, 9, 25 - Rest and Joy

"'In that day,' says the LORD, 'I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they will be my people. This is what the LORD says:

"'Those who survive the coming destruction
   will find blessings even in the barren land,
   for I will give rest to the people of Israel.
Tears of joy will stream down their faces,
   and I will lead them home with great care.
They will walk beside quiet streams
   and on smooth paths where they will not stumble.
For I am Israel's father,
   and Ephraim is my oldest child.
For I have given rest to the weary and joy to the sorrowing.'"
 
God knows we need rest. He wants us to experience joy, to live a blessed life. He wants to be our God and have us trust him as the one who takes care of us and provides for every possible need. Rest and joy are blessings he desires to give us. Today, let him be your Father, leading you home with great care on smooth paths where you will not stumble. Look for blessings, even in a barren land.

No comments:

Post a Comment