Friday, July 8, 2011

Genesis 46:1–4

"So Jacob set out for Egypt with all his possessions. And when he came to Beersheba, he offered sacrifices to the God of his father, Isaac. During the night God spoke to him in a vision. 'Jacob! Jacob!' he called.

"'Here I am,' Jacob replied.

"'I am God, the God of your father,' the voice said. 'Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for there I will make your family into a great nation. I will go with you down to Egypt, and I will bring you back again. You will die in Egypt, but Joseph will be with you to close your eyes.'"
 
 
God again appeared to Jacob. Notice when he did this: after Jacob had worshiped God. Worship opens our hearts to God's messages. If you need to hear a clear word from God today, start by worshiping him. Focus on who he is and how he has acted in history and in your life. He will reveal more of himself as you focus on what he has already revealed.

No comments:

Post a Comment