Friday, April 1, 2011

Matthew 8:5-8

"When Jesus returned to Capernaum, a Roman officer came and pleaded with him, 'Lord, my young servant lies in bed, paralyzed and in terrible pain.'

  "Jesus said, 'I will come and heal him.'

  "But the officer said, 'Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.'"
 
This Roman officer had great faith, and why? Because he understood authority, and he believed Jesus had authority over all sickness and disease. He knew Jesus' physical presence for his servant was unnecessary for the servant to be healed. Faith in this case is demonstrated by a recognition of Jesus' authority. Do you truly believe in Jesus' authority over the issues in your life? Jesus is the last word in your life, not your problems. Take your problems to Jesus. He alone has the power to do for you what you cannot do for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment