Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Genesis 24:2-4, 7

"One day Abraham said to his oldest servant, the man in charge of his household, 'Take an oath by putting your hand under my thigh. Swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and earth, that you will not allow my son to marry one of these local Canaanite women. Go instead to my homeland, to my relatives, and find a wife there for my son Isaac. ... For the LORD, the God of heaven, who took me from my father's house and my native land, solemnly promised to give this land to my descendants. He will send his angel ahead of you, and he will see to it that you find a wife there for my son.'"
 
Abraham believed God about several things: that God would give him and his descendants the land; that Isaac was supposed to marry a woman from his own tribe; and that God would show his servant who Isaac's wife was to be. And so it happened as Abraham believed. Abraham believed what would happen (based on the promises of God), and he left it up to God to work out how it would happen. As you seek God's way for you, focus on the "what," and let God take care of the "how." Trust him for the how, believe him for the what.

No comments:

Post a Comment