Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Exodus 32:9–12, 14

"Then the LORD said, 'I have seen how stubborn and rebellious these people are. Now leave me alone so my fierce anger can blaze against them, and I will destroy them. Then I will make you, Moses, into a great nation.'

"But Moses tried to pacify the LORD his God. 'O LORD!' he said. 'Why are you so angry with your own people whom you brought from the land of Egypt with such great power and such a strong hand? Why let the Egyptians say, "Their God rescued them with the evil intention of slaughtering them in the mountains and wiping them from the face of the earth"? Turn away from your fierce anger. Change your mind about this terrible disaster you have threatened against your people!' …

"So the LORD changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people."


Moses could have said, "This is my chance to rid myself of the troublesome burden of these people. If God can't stand them, why should I? God said he'd make me into a mighty nation. Yes!" But he did not think about himself. His concern was for God's reputation. That approach had power to change God's mind. Are your prayers more concerned about God than yourself? Those are the kinds of prayers that move God

No comments:

Post a Comment