Monday, October 3, 2011

Psalm 26:1–3

"Declare me innocent, O LORD,
      for I have acted with integrity;
      I have trusted in the LORD without wavering.
      Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me.
      Test my motives and my heart.
      For I am always aware of your unfailing love,
      and I have lived according to your truth."

Trust and an awareness of God's unfailing love form the basis of right actions. They lead to integrity and a clear conscience. Remember that holiness starts in the heart; it's a result of knowing experientially who God is and what he's like. Don't try to be good; simply steep yourself in God's character. Knowing God should be the goal of any reading of the Bible. Knowing God is what transforms you.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lord, for today this speaks volumes to me.

    ReplyDelete