Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Jeremiah 32:40-42

"And I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good for them. I will put a desire in their hearts to worship me, and they will never leave me. I will find joy doing good for them and will faithfully and wholeheartedly replant them in this land.
'This is what the LORD says: Just as I have brought all these calamities on them, so I will do all the good I have promised them.'"
 
 
God repeatedly says here he will do good for his people. We are in this new covenant of grace, in which God's wrath against our sin was satisfied in Jesus' death on the cross. He is changing our hearts so that we can have the kind of relationship with God described here, where we worship him and cling to him. Now is the time when God is totally free to do all the good things he has ever promised in this passage and in the whole of Scripture. This is your truth today. Live in the light of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment