Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Psalm 18:20–23

"The LORD rewarded me for doing right;
he restored me because of my innocence.
For I have kept the ways of the LORD;
I have not turned from my God to follow evil.
I have followed all his regulations;
I have never abandoned his decrees.
I am blameless before God;
I have kept myself from sin."
 
Here we see the confidence that comes from a clear conscience. David knew his heart was pure before God, and he had confidence that God would keep him safe and rescue him. And God did, as we see from the previous verses. A clear conscience is a wonderful thing. If yours is not clear, there is a quick and sure remedy: confession. After you confess, stand on the promise that you are forgiven because of what Jesus did on the cross. Then, enjoy your clear conscience!

No comments:

Post a Comment