Monday, June 6, 2011

Psalm 17:3-5

"You have tested my thoughts and examined my heart in the night.
You have scrutinized me and found nothing wrong.
I am determined not to sin in what I say.
I have followed your commands,
which keep me from following cruel and evil people.
My steps have stayed on your path;
I have not wavered from following you."
 
 
Again we see the connection between our hearts and our words. Here it's both the heart and the mind. David determined not to sin with his words, and he felt completely okay with God examining his thoughts and his heart, even as he slept. (We sleep, but God never does.) The thoughts and beliefs and images we hold in our hearts are what God cares about, what he looks at. These plus our words and actions are what make up who we are. We are what we think, feel, say, and do. This is what God evaluates.

No comments:

Post a Comment