Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Genesis 40:8, 12a, 14–16

"And they replied, 'We both had dreams last night, but no one can tell us what they mean.'
"'Interpreting dreams is God's business,' Joseph replied. 'Go ahead and tell me your dreams. . . .
"'This is what the dream means,' Joseph said. … 'And please remember me and do me a favor when things go well for you. Mention me to Pharaoh, so he might let me out of this place. For I was kidnapped from my homeland, the land of the Hebrews, and now I'm here in prison, but I did nothing to deserve it.'"
 
 
God was with Joseph, even as he languished in a prison for years. Joseph remained faithful in his trust and witness to God. He always gave the credit to God, not himself, whether he was speaking with a fellow prisoner or the king. This is what God used to deliver him in the end. He apparently never gave up hope, either; he expected to be delivered, or he wouldn't have asked this favor of the other prisoner. Never give up hope that things will get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment