Monday, May 23, 2011

Matthew 11:28-30

"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.'"
 
This is Jesus' wonderful invitation to come to him, to learn from him. He is even eager to receive you and teach you, not holding back! His yoke for you fits perfectly. His burden is light, for he does most of the burden bearing. What he gives you is bearable. The burdens you give yourself, or accept from others, are not light. They're very heavy. Swap those burdens for Jesus' (single) burden. Put on his yoke, so that together you and Jesus do the work uniquely designed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment