Thursday, February 3, 2011

Live Like You Mean It - BOOK REVIEW

The title of this book caught my attention to read and now providing my personal book review of 'Live Like You Mean It.'  Today we live as others want us to live and we get caught up in that life and feel there is no escape.  There is, however, if you remind yourself you are unique and there is no one else like you.  God made us to be individuals and we must praise Him for all that he does for us.  'Live Like You Mean It' provides 10 crucial questions that will help you in clarify your purpose, live intentionally and make the most of the rest of your life.  I related to T. J. Addington's near death, as I was near death six years ago with bacterial infection.  Unlike Addington who already gave his heart to the Lord, I began mine again.  As I read the book, it renewed me my life wiring God had planned for me.  It opened my thoughts of what my purpose is, will, and should be.  The fact that he refers to scripture was very educational.  I personally like to write notes in my Bible and when I come across books, like this one, it influences me to jot down reminders.  At the end of each chapter he gives a bottom line summary, as well as a prayer.  Awesome is all I can say.  There is a study guide with each chapter, which helps you to reflect on what you read and understand your life and purpose in this life.  Small Bible study groups would benefit from this book, as other individuals like myself.  Whether you are a born again Christian or not, this is a good book to read and reference, as well as staying renewed with the wiring God has for you.  Spread the word of the 'Good News' today, be a follower, and continue the journey of Jesus Christ.  As long as I am breathing, there is still more work to do for heavenly Father.  I was not disappointed in the reading of this book and would recommend the book highly.  I suggest reading this book casually, as it can be a fast read, but it needs to be absorbed.  Addington has written this book very easy to understand.   If you truly want to live like you mean it, get this book.  On the back jacket cover, this book will show you how to respond to your God-inspired inner urgings, to discover that sweet spot of our personal wiring, and live them out intentionally. Make a difference - are you ALL IN?

No comments:

Post a Comment