Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Isaiah 63:1b, 7-9

"It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation!
    It is I, the LORD, who has the power to save!'
I will tell of the LORD's unfailing love.
    I will praise the LORD for all he has done.
I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel,
    which he has granted according to his mercy and love.
He said, "They are my very own people.
    Surely they will not betray me again,'
    And he became their Savior.
In all their suffering he also suffered,
    and he personally rescued them.
In his love and mercy he redeemed them.
    He lifted them up and carried them
    through all the years."
 
In these verses we see repeated mentions of God's love, mercy, and goodness. He saves his people, redeems them, sufferes with them, rescues them, and carries them. Can you let God lift you up and carry you as you surrender to his love and mercy? Let you burdens become his, for he alone has power to save.
- Diane Eble, author of Abundant Gifts: A Daybook of Grace-Filled Devotions

No comments:

Post a Comment